Student in US has limbs amputated after eating friend’s leftovers…

Credit: Chubbyemu

Student in US has limbs amputated after eating friend’s leftovers…

If you’ve ever been a student, you’ve probably eaten leftovers. If you’ve ever been a student in shared accommodation, you’ve probably eaten someone else’s leftovers. While that’s a pretty normal thing to do, it f**ken blew up bigtime for the dude in this story. He ended up with a severe strain of meningococcal that left him with multiple amputations…

Yeah, nah, this story is pretty f**ken hardcore for JC, the student involved. It all started a short while after the poor bugger smashed a chicken and noodle dish that his roommate had left unfinished the night before.

Credit: Chubbyemu

JC was previously in good health. He smokes pot every day, had most of his childhood vaccinations, and inhaled two packs of durries a week, but for the most part, he was living his best life.

The leftovers put an end to that. A report in the New England Journal of Medicine says, “The patient had been well until 20 hours before this admission, when diffuse abdominal pain and nausea developed after he ate rice, chicken, and lo Mein leftovers from a restaurant meal. Five hours before this admission, purplish discoloration [sic] of the skin developed, and a friend took the patient to the emergency department of another hospital for evaluation.”

Additionally, his kidneys failed, his blood began to clot, and a bacteria called Neisseria meningitidis was found in his bloodstream. That’s a meningococcal virus, and it doesn’t f**k about. Usually, people get vaccinated for it at a young age, but for some reason, JC missed the booster shot after receiving the first.

Credit: Chubbyemu

To put it bluntly, meningococcal will f**k you up. You can read all about it in more detail online, but for JC, it meant gangrene once necrosis set in. As a result of that, he had to have parts of all 10 fingers amputated, as well as bilateral below-knee amputations.

Interestingly enough, JC’s roommate had a bit of a spew after eating the meal the night before. Meningococcal is spread through saliva.

Credit: New England Journal of Medicine

It took JC 26 days to regain consciousness. Fark!

Final thought: Yeah, look, this is pretty bloody horrible. While it’s a rare situation, it goes to show that you should probably heed warnings about which foods shouldn’t be left to eat later, and to make sure you stay up to date with your vaccinations and boosters. Yeah, nah, just do that s**t.

Just in case you missed it, here’s one of Ozzy’s latest commentary videos…Ozzy Man Reviews: EPIC Figure Skating Routine

Video Link: Chubbyemu